Actually, it's Yiddish

Story: What is the most popular language used in Open Source projects?Total Replies: 7
Author Content
caitlyn

Aug 13, 2009
11:47 PM EDT
All that secret code in Open Source software is in Yiddish. Sneaky Open Source coders know that not many people outside the Open Source movement except at a few Jewish Senior Centers can read Yiddish so they can hide things entirely in the Open. This is the way Open Source software is communicating their secret messages. After all, everyone knows Jewish octagenarian grannies can't understand code and if they can they aren't going to share with younger goyishe people anyway...

Trust me. It's true. Open Source software is really in Yiddish.
tuxchick

Aug 13, 2009
11:52 PM EDT
I KNEW it!! See, it's not paranoia when it's true!
gus3

Aug 13, 2009
11:53 PM EDT
You mean that's what I've been speaking all this time? No wonder I get funny looks when I start talking about the benefits of FOSS...
caitlyn

Aug 13, 2009
11:59 PM EDT
@gus3: Ich fashsteyst!

(Bad transliteration. Yiddish is written in Hebrew characters, just to be extra sneaky!)

@tuchick: Yep. It's also not paranoia when people really are out to get you.
steever

Aug 14, 2009
1:10 AM EDT
I heard that the international banking cartels financed open source developers to write code that went into the flight navigation computers of the black helicopters that follow Linus around.
gus3

Aug 14, 2009
1:16 AM EDT
@steever:

But is it GPL'd? Or is it under that nasty BSD license?
tuxchick

Aug 14, 2009
1:20 AM EDT
gus3, it's GPL3 because Linus doesn't like GPL3.
caitlyn

Aug 14, 2009
1:24 AM EDT
Actually, it's all a global conspiracy to spread Open Source software and your choice of very good, homemade chicken soup or matzo ball soup. You always get choices with FOSS :)

I have proof it's Yiddish. Take any mainstream Linux distro. You will find the fribidi is installed by default. That is so the Open Source Yiddish programmers can type from right to left.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!