Awww drat

Story: SCO boots boss McBrideTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
techiem2

Oct 19, 2009
3:52 PM EDT
Quoting:According to the filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, SCO's remaining management will still continue to push forward with its long-running intellectual property lawsuits against IBM and Novell.

I guess the other article was maybe a bit overly optimistic.
DrDubious

Oct 19, 2009
4:01 PM EDT
Didn't Darl McBride make a bunch of money suing one of his previous employers? Maybe he plans to sue SCO now...
kingttx

Oct 19, 2009
4:05 PM EDT
Aaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha... ...hahahahaaha!!
TxtEdMacs

Oct 19, 2009
5:01 PM EDT
Like a bad Zombie movie ... he will be back. So don't laugh so hard you hurt yourself, please.

YBT
bigg

Oct 19, 2009
5:15 PM EDT
He might be back...as your boss. As long as he was at SCO, you knew he wasn't your boss. Just think about that for a while.
azerthoth

Oct 19, 2009
5:32 PM EDT
Darl, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
SamShazaam

Oct 19, 2009
6:43 PM EDT
When it comes to denying obvious reality these SCO management officers are a real hoot. I can't recall anything this far off the mark since the days of Bagdad Bob.
caitlyn

Oct 19, 2009
8:04 PM EDT
It's a real pity litigation roulette as a business model doesn't disappear from SCO along with McBride. I liked Caldera OpenLinux a lot back before the lawsuit nonsense started. I don't think this company could ever regain the trust of their would-be customers but it would be nice to see them try.
gus3

Oct 19, 2009
8:23 PM EDT
Quoting:I can't recall anything this far off the mark since the days of Bagdad Bob.
I dunno, some of the wild quotes coming out of Redmond sound like they came from the Iraqi Information Minister.
Bob_Robertson

Oct 20, 2009
11:30 AM EDT
> It's a real pity litigation roulette as a business model doesn't disappear from SCO along with McBride.

Sadly true. I don't think any one person could have driven this so far for so long, or raised the money to do it either.

I personally have always thought that there was a larger, better funded "organization" behind the litigation, and SCO (and McBride) were just expendable pawns in a bigger game. But then I'm a Conspiracy Theory fan from way back.

Getting into the deeper, non "linux vs. Mr. X" ideas of how to eliminate IT litigation roulette as a business model has been ruled OT.
softwarejanitor

Oct 20, 2009
11:42 AM EDT
@Bob_Robertson Just go ahead and say what we already know... When you get right down to it, the obvious fact is that Microsoft has behind the who SCO facade all along. They've been pretty careful to fund things clandestinely, but their dirty fingerprints are all over...
flufferbeer

Oct 20, 2009
11:05 PM EDT
Yeah, I think David Boies, the same lawyer with Micro$uck$, has also been with SCO ever since the beginning of SCO's anti-FOSS legal attacks.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!