Has the ship sailed yet ?

Story: GNOME: Split from GNU Project? Total Replies: 5
Author Content
klhrevolution

Dec 15, 2009
8:04 PM EDT
My whole take is this: Stallman amongst others wanted to be able to use a computer without limitation restricted by software (patents, licenses, etc.). And so it appears from the success that many other people agree with this as well. I want to be able to choose what proprietary apps, libs, etc.. go into my computer for if I don't get to choose then I am w/out choice and become restricted by the above mentioned.

It's nice that whatever happens gnu and others similar to it exist so that choice stays alive.

Simple as that not too much detail as I'm sure those who read or participate in this forum get my drift.
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 15, 2009
8:16 PM EDT
I have to agree with you, how do I have more choices if I am restricted in the choices I can make? Oh, and your not allowed to even talk about it in the forums either? No open debates that are not pre-approved by the almighty?

ugh
dinotrac

Dec 15, 2009
8:34 PM EDT
Scott -

TOS >almighty

Religious topic

>ugh

anti caveman racism

>debates

Crude and racist dig at Cajun fishermen.

gus3

Dec 15, 2009
9:24 PM EDT
We don't dig at Cajun fishermen. We git 'em from the stork!
azerthoth

Dec 15, 2009
9:28 PM EDT
Careful Scott, independent thought is not tolerated by anyone who is "working for a better you, for you".
chalbersma

Dec 16, 2009
7:38 AM EDT
RMSUF (Real men still use fluxbox :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!