Author Content
tuxchick

Jan 27, 2010
6:01 PM EDT
If this is satirical, it's not obvious!
gus3

Jan 27, 2010
6:26 PM EDT
Day-O! Daaaay-O! Daylight come an' I still can't log on. Day! Me say day me say day me say day me say day me say daaaay-O! Somethin' tell me my files are gone.

Boot once, boot twice, boot thrice, CRUNCH! Daylight come and I still can't log on, Boot once, boot twice, boot thrice, CRUNCH! Somethin' tell me my files are gone.

Come mister sysadmin, work your magic voodoo, Daylight come and I still can't log on, What do you mean, there's nothing else you can do? Somethin' tell me my files are gone.

It's six hours, seven hours, eight hours DOWN! Night-time come and I still can't log on, Six hours, seven hours, eight hours DOWN! Somethin' tell me stock options are gone.

Day-O! Daaaay-O! Daylight come an' I still can't log on. Day! Me say day me say day me say day me say day me say daaaay-O! I'll have to update my resume at home.
tuxchick

Jan 27, 2010
6:44 PM EDT
Ha, that's great. Sing it, gus3! I always said you have a face for radio!
tracyanne

Jan 27, 2010
7:05 PM EDT
Carla, it's not, but there is no reason why you can't go there and congratulate the author for his satirical work. I did.
azerthoth

Jan 27, 2010
7:06 PM EDT
+1 gus, thats great.
cr

Jan 27, 2010
7:41 PM EDT
He's got pretty much the whole catechism of the Church of Redmond; we should either congratulate him on his zeal or point out Tom Cruise to him as an object lesson.
phsolide

Jan 27, 2010
9:21 PM EDT
Randall C. Kennedy is always like this. I read his blog entries from time to time because they get linked to by computer-security-type bloggers, don't really know why.

He's always got N (N > 10) years of experience in Subject X, and gosh darn it, he's always just naturally hungered and thirsted after the Microsoft Approach To It All. Very, very patronizing, Big Brother Knows Best, Microsoft Is Here to Help.

You can count on o'l Randall C. Kennedy to make you belive in rock-ribbed, MSFT conservativism.
bigg

Jan 27, 2010
9:22 PM EDT
So now we know: TxtEdMacs's real name is Randall Kennedy.
tuxchick

Jan 27, 2010
9:54 PM EDT
lol @TA, sounds like fun :)
patrokov

Jan 27, 2010
10:56 PM EDT
>>with application and device compatibility and interoperability devolving into the kind of Wild West chaos unseen since the days of the DOS big three: Lotus, WordPerfect, and Ashton-Tate.

Oh but it is satirical; the author just doesn't realize it. Microsoft Office STILL can't open MicroSoftWorks documents without major hoop jumping. Heck, it doesn't even open Word 6. documents well.

Meanwhile, Groff, Latex, Tex, et al. still work perfectly. (although ODF implementations do vary, hey at least it's open.)
dinotrac

Jan 27, 2010
11:19 PM EDT
Life without windows would suck.

How would people look outside?

Windows, of course, is a whole different issue. Dead and gone can't come soon enough for me.
phsolide

Jan 27, 2010
11:38 PM EDT
After I voted "No", it was 22 yes, 181 no. A 9:1 ratio of No:Yes.

Isn't that awfully high, even for a PC World poll? I bet even Jerry Pournelle never ran that low in the approval ratings...
Scott_Ruecker

Jan 28, 2010
2:18 AM EDT
Hey, I was snapping my fingers to it..rock on gus3.
gus3

Jan 28, 2010
2:20 AM EDT
Heh. Glad to bring smiles to people's faces.
flufferbeer

Jan 28, 2010
3:11 AM EDT
@gus3, IIRC, that song was sung by Harry Belafonte (w/o the same lyrics of course). It's great!!! Any chance we can send your lyrics for this to others, w/o any M$-like patent threats or copyright threats involved ?? ;D -fb
flufferbeer

Jan 28, 2010
3:11 AM EDT
TxtEdMacs

Jan 28, 2010
8:49 AM EDT
Hey bigg,

Since you now know I am a Kennedy, I have a little computer/banking problem you could solve for me. How do I get the Kennedy shilling work payments shifted to my TxtEdMacs' accounts*. I am sure it would be simple for you and it would simplify my tax filings.

Thanks,

Your Best Buddy Txt.

* You could use one of my in States accounts, I know how to shift it off shore with no problems.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!