Accidental Monopolist my gluteus maximus!

Story: Microsoft’s Creative DestructionTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
Koriel

Feb 04, 2010
6:42 PM EDT
In the words of John McEnroe, "you cant be serious"

They actively went out of their way to accomplish lockin and maintain their monpolistic position.
gus3

Feb 04, 2010
7:47 PM EDT
A direct quote from PJ of http://www.groklaw.net :

Quoting:PJ: I think if you read through the exhibits we are publishing from the Comes v. Microsoft antitrust litigation, you will see that it was hardly accidental.
cr

Feb 04, 2010
8:53 PM EDT
Yeah, I'd say a different part of him was brass, to make that claim.
cabreh

Feb 05, 2010
3:17 AM EDT
Ha. It's the accidental serial killer all over again.

softwarejanitor

Feb 05, 2010
12:24 PM EDT
There is no accident on Microsoft's monopolies. They were built by using unethical if not outright illegal means to marginalize or eliminate competitors from markets.
tuxchick

Feb 05, 2010
12:38 PM EDT
Just like on one of those true crime shows-- "It's a suicide, he accidentally stabbed himself 14 times."
Bob_Robertson

Feb 05, 2010
6:13 PM EDT
TC, the suspect turned out to be the wrong guy, after the police tazered him 11 times in one minute, and they had no way to know he had a heart condition before he died.

But seriously, Microsoft's actions have been reprehensible from the very start, when they took BASIC code and "made it their own". The use of BSD code in Windows is just more of the same.

While I don't consider Microsoft's actions to be actual crimes, considering the exceedingly flexible nature of anti-trust "laws", Microsoft management and marketing have proven themselves to be utterly unethical, with moral compasses even less reliable than a small-town politician's.

When Microsoft finally goes out of business, I will be very, very happy. Unlike Sun.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!