SCALE 8x Anybody Going?

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 23
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 17, 2010
12:52 AM EDT
I am leaving for Los Angeles Thursday morning and I plan on being at the Westin where the expo is being held all day, all three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I will be attending the WIOS and OSSIE tracks on Friday and be in meetings that evening. I will be wearing my "LXer" t-shirt while I am on the expo floor Saturday and Sunday as well as going to as many talks as I can get into and not have my head explode...;-)

Anyone who wants to say 'hi' or hang out and get a drink and talk shop, it shouldn't be too hard to find me, if I'm not on the expo floor or in a session, I'm probably in the Internet garden or in the bar area commiserating..
hkwint

Feb 17, 2010
4:47 AM EDT
I'd really like to join you, but it's a long drive from here I guess... I wish you a nice trip and an interesting experience, and hope you meet some nice people.

Are we going to seeing some nice photo's again? I mean, after all, how many people did we ever see wearing an LXer-shirt...
jdixon

Feb 17, 2010
10:21 AM EDT
> I mean, after all, how many people did we ever see wearing an LXer-shirt...

Are there any LXer teeshirts/polo shirts? I'd probably buy one if they were reasonable. Cafepress would probably be willing to sell them.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 17, 2010
11:18 AM EDT
I made up a t-shirt a couple of years ago at Zazzle.

http://www.zazzle.com/lxer_t_shirt-235846086704881748
jdixon

Feb 17, 2010
11:31 AM EDT
> I made up a t-shirt a couple of years ago at Zazzle.

OK. Thanks for the link Scott. I must have missed the announcement or been extremely short of cash at the time. I'll see if I can order one. Does LXer get any of the money?
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 17, 2010
11:41 AM EDT
Funny you ask that jdixon, I am in the midst of contacting Bob on this right now. I set up a shop on Cafepress but I think I did something wrong..the logo is way way too small. I asked him if it was worth setting up a LXer Swag Shop like this..

http://www.cafepress.com/lxerstore

If anyone knows how to fix that let me know. I am going to ask Bob if we have a bigger version of the LXer logo, I think that is what the problem is..
jdixon

Feb 17, 2010
6:22 PM EDT
> I set up a shop on Cafepress...

OK, I'll hold off until you get it working. No reason not to push some money LXer's way if possible.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 17, 2010
6:32 PM EDT
Quoting:Are we going to seeing some nice photo's again? I mean, after all, how many people did we ever see wearing an LXer-shirt...

Yes, I will take many pics..I have just packed my camera and extra batteries as well. I am bringing my audio recorder as well too so I can remember everything when I sit down to write.
herzeleid

Feb 17, 2010
6:40 PM EDT
OK, it looks like I'm going, the boss just said go for it. I'm not sure about Friday's activities yet - I'm torn between the WIOS & OSSIE tracks. (I want the best for my girls)

Even though I use ubuntu the list of ubucon topics doesn't look all that interesting to me so I'll pass.

Hopefully I'll pick up some decent swag on the weekend, and probably buy some more books that I never get around to reading :/

hkwint

Feb 17, 2010
7:15 PM EDT
Scott: Keep me updated on the shirt issue too, I don't know if they ship to Europe for reasonable prices, but I'd like to have one too.
tracyanne

Feb 18, 2010
7:16 PM EDT
Sorry I won't be in the US at that time.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2010
1:46 AM EDT
Bob got back to me on the logo, it will probably be a week or so till he can get it to me. I will find out about international shipping for you Hans.

Here's a synopsis of my road trip today;

In L.A. and down a drivers side front tire..hit a tire with rim still on it in the road outside of Coachella. Luckily I didn't wreck and my spare had air in it so other than my turn signals not working and my steering sounding funny while at low speed..everything is fine..lol! Oh and changing a tire on the side of the road with a thousand 16 wheelers going by is quite the rush...not!!
Sander_Marechal

Feb 19, 2010
7:38 AM EDT
Quoting:Bob got back to me on the logo, it will probably be a week or so till he can get it to me.

If you want I can try to create an SVG instead. You can render it as big as you want. Billboards anyone? :-D
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2010
11:49 AM EDT
It just has to be in png format..but if you can make it like 1200x1200 I think that would do it Sander..and Thank You much if you can..

Sander_Marechal

Feb 20, 2010
7:39 AM EDT
If it's an SVG you can render at 1,200,000x1,200,000 if you want :-)
Sander_Marechal

Feb 20, 2010
8:16 AM EDT
Okay, all done! It matches the small logo as best as I can.

Here is the SVG. You can use Inkscape to make it as big as you want. Just File->Export Bitmap. Be sure to export the entire page and not just the drawing or you will cut off some of the drop shadow!

http://www.jejik.com/sander/lxer/lxer.svg

Here is a pre-rendered PNG at 1394x542 px in PNG. Note: This is a *big* file.

http://www.jejik.com/sander/lxer/lxer-large.png

All copyrights and stuff go to Bob Whitinger for LXer. Have fun!
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 20, 2010
12:23 PM EDT
Thank You Sander, You rock! Check out the shop now..I think we're all set to go now.

I did not put any mark-up on any of the products, LXer will not make an extra dime on your purchases..I think that if we do eventually host our own store that we will but that will be in the future sometime.

http://www.cafepress.com/lxerstore
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 20, 2010
8:24 PM EDT
PROOF I WAS HERE!!! lol!

http://lxer.com/pub/files/Scott_Ruecker/100_0388.JPG
tuxchick

Feb 20, 2010
11:46 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind a bit of mark-up to support LXer.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 21, 2010
1:04 AM EDT
I figured I would wait to talk to Bob and the others and decide if it is something we want to host on the site itself before adding any mark-up. The way I see it some free advertising of people wearing some LXer logo garments is a win win all around.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 21, 2010
8:21 AM EDT
Quoting:I wouldn't mind a bit of mark-up to support LXer.

Me neither. Go talk to Bob about that. We wouldn't even need to self-host. Just add "LXer Store" or something like that to the main menu and link to cafepress.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 23, 2010
1:01 PM EDT
I am in the midst of writing up a full recap of my trip to L.A. It should be out later today or tomorrow.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 23, 2010
2:59 PM EDT
I just ordered 1 of each kind of sticker to put on my lappy, compy and car..;-)

he he

caitlyn

Oct 13, 2010
8:03 AM EDT
I would go if I could find a working TARDIS at a good price.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!