ComputerBob

Mar 22, 2010
9:14 PM EDT
"Elive: Where Debian mights Enlightenment"

is not Elive's slogan.
Jeff91

Mar 24, 2010
1:21 AM EDT
Bad typo was bad. It's fixed in the story now... And at any rate I linked to the Elive homepage where people can see it really is "Where Debian meets Enlightenment" ;)

~Jeff
TxtEdMacs

Mar 24, 2010
7:44 AM EDT
Jeff,

But "meets" is such a tepid a word, whereas "mights" fosters images* of conquest, mayhem and atrocity. Which means you could sell the movie rights later [what's there not to like?], so Never apologize for a dumb error where confident denial will be respected and rewarded**.

YBT

* That is, once the reader*** gets by their initial confusion and befuddlement.

** I leave names off to protect the guilty [due to my high ethical standards].

*** For me the original quote stands for eternity****.

**** Don't let that disturb you too much, since I can barely remember what I have written five minutes hence.
ComputerBob

Mar 24, 2010
8:31 AM EDT
"Meets" might be tepid, but "mights" is indecisive.

Elive mights Enlightenment. Or it mights not.

Which is it? I'd like to know for sure.
jacog

Mar 24, 2010
8:34 AM EDT
"Here I come to save the daaaay!" - Meety Mouse
gus3

Mar 24, 2010
9:05 AM EDT
"Meet makes reet."
TxtEdMacs

Mar 24, 2010
9:19 AM EDT
What madness have I loosed upon this sad world? Should I repent and promise to never repeat my error? No, just too extreme. Just think of losing these elicited comments, that would by like rending a hole in the body fabric of society. So bring up images of one of my favorite cartoon heroes, singing in a luxuriant baritone that could only come from a meaty mouse. Everyone would have to admit that is the ultimate tasty choice.

Carry on all!

By the way, what were we discussing in this thread?

YBT
tracyanne

Mar 24, 2010
9:31 AM EDT
Downloaded it, attempted to install it, gave up when I was directed to the elive site for some file, which required some sort of a key to use. Since I couldn't install it I decided it's not worth the bother.
Bob_Robertson

Mar 24, 2010
9:33 AM EDT
Elive requires _payment_ for the install to complete.

Obviously, we have another case where might does not make right.
jacog

Mar 24, 2010
9:46 AM EDT
An unusual business model for a distro. Good distros can pay the bills without being pay-to-play.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!