SCO loses again!

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
gus3

Mar 30, 2010
4:01 PM EDT
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20100330152829622

SCO got their day in court, twice, and both times they lost. A judge told them they had no case, and now a jury has done likewise.

Copyrights did not transfer to SCO, and no reasonable person could read the Asset Purchase Agreement, complete with Amendment 2, and think otherwise.
tuxchick

Mar 30, 2010
4:11 PM EDT
This is the last time SCO loses, they have nowhere to go from here. Their two remaining suits against Red Hat and whoever the other one is, I forget, should topple from this outcome.
TxtEdMacs

Mar 30, 2010
4:23 PM EDT
All,

Breaking News: SCO found more suckers to fund ... (maybe that was a bad word, choice - honestly guys I will get better, just bounce my first check). In any case, new investors have been found to continue SCO's courageous battle against the forces of evil. IP (you pee too if you are still alive) and commercial thought will triumph in the courts of Law. It will just take some time to buy the right court officials. That's all that is needed and a few more professional politicians. This time we will get it Right!

So there tc, think it's over? Well just a bit more cash and the fight goes on and on and on ...

YBT
gus3

Mar 30, 2010
4:41 PM EDT
IBM is the other victim. I think the Novell ruling means SCO has no case to bring against IBM. It does not mean IBM didn't copy Unix-y stuff into Linux, or did so without permission. It only means SCO can't be the accuser. Same with the Red Hat case.
TxtEdMacs

Mar 30, 2010
6:20 PM EDT
gus,

You have it all wrong again. This time it's based on contracts with IBM, which guaranteed they would make money. However, due to IBM's perfidy SCO felt betrayed and lost sight of its businesses. So they lost big time all due to IBM's failing to abide by said contracts. Their case against IBM rests on firm legal precedents independent of perceived loses in other cases.

This all leads to that bucket of Gold at the end of the rainbow*.

YBT

* I shudder with delight just perceiving of such a grand image**.

** Ok, SCO - good enough? Send a non-bouncer to me forthwith.
Sander_Marechal

Mar 30, 2010
7:04 PM EDT
Quoting:IBM is the other victim. I think the Novell ruling means SCO has no case to bring against IBM.

IBM's counter-claims will still stand I think. I expect an enjoyable (albeit slow) show.

You cannot post until you login.