Volt = EV1?

Story: GM and Google integrate Android app with OnStarTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
Grishnakh

May 19, 2010
8:19 PM EDT
Will they kill off the Volt the same way they did with the EV1? Why are they even bothering this time?
Bob_Robertson

May 20, 2010
5:30 PM EDT
Because GM is now Government Motors. Nothing they do will be allowed to fail, no matter how unpopular.

And I'm not saying the EV1 was unpopular.
Steven_Rosenber

May 20, 2010
8:02 PM EDT
If you look at the Volt, it's doomed to failure. Not only is it too expensive, it's also terribly ugly.
Bob_Robertson

May 20, 2010
8:28 PM EDT
Like those "smart cars", utterly ugly and far, far too expensive.
azerthoth

May 20, 2010
8:53 PM EDT
Bob look at the Tesla Roadster, expensive yes, ugly ... not anywhere close.
theboomboomcars

May 20, 2010
9:07 PM EDT
They probably wont do the same thing with the Volt as they did with the EV1, since they are claiming they are going to sell the Volt instead of just lease it like the EV1.

Too bad they didn't keep it looking something like the concept car, it originally looked a bit like a 4 door Camaro, instead they turned it into a Prius look alike.

OnStar is one reason I don't have any interest in buying a new GM, and sync is one reason I don't have any interest in buying a new Ford. I like my computer systems under my control, not the entity I bought them from.
jdixon

May 21, 2010
1:28 PM EDT
> I like my computer systems under my control, not the entity I bought them from.

Especially since being under the contr0l of such an entity also means under the control of anyone who can bribe or force that entity to do as they wish. Also, I can almost guarantee that such systems are going to be simple to hack into. :(

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!