Terrible

Story: Sneak preview for coming KDE SC 4.5Total Replies: 4
Author Content
Grishnakh

May 26, 2010
5:28 PM EDT
As a GNOME user, I don't like this at all, and I have no idea why anyone would want to use KDE. I can't stand a desktop environment where I'm able to choose how to configure it, or worse, where others can configure their desktops differently from mine. That's why I like GNOME: it removes all these confusing options, and just gives me the minimum. Desktops need to be as simple as possible, so that users like me aren't confused, and extra options goes against this. KDE is just too complicated, and I can't understand it.
gus3

May 26, 2010
5:35 PM EDT
Why can't it be a configurable option? Something like "Configuration for Regular Joe's" and "Control Panel for Control Freaks".
Grishnakh

May 26, 2010
5:39 PM EDT
That's too confusing! We need to keep everything as simple as possible. Even GNOME is a little too complex for me as it is, which is why I'd like to see them eliminate all configuration options, as well as other confusing things like the clock.
ComputerBob

May 26, 2010
6:56 PM EDT
@Grishnakh,

Thanks for your hilariously original, biting satire, which I noticed that you also shared (anonymously) with the readers at Linuxcrunch (and probably other places, too.) You're a comic genius.

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/sneak-preview-coming-kde-sc-4...
TxtEdMacs

May 27, 2010
3:46 PM EDT
Grishnakh,

I am with you on the clock. Who needs it? The calendar will do nicely for both functions. Indeed this is the way my Gnome is set up now. When I run Big Bang simulations, setting the calendar timings at about 10 exp -12 does it all so nicely. Anyway for those very short days no one is certain what happened.

Firmly on your side on simple Gnoming,

YBT

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!