Time for friends of Linux to ask for their money back

Story: Stewart Rules: Novell Wins! CASE CLOSED! - UpdatedTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Jun 11, 2010
8:16 AM EDT
Are you listening Oracle* (what about you MS)? You were conned, demand justice! Wring every remaining penny for the crooks known as SCO that financed and/or were willing participants in this scheme. That will give fair warning to others that attempt to play a similar game in the future.

YBT

* Perpetrated by your (sub)merged property, formerly known as Sun Microsystems.
bigg

Jun 11, 2010
8:53 AM EDT
Forgot your serious tags.
TxtEdMacs

Jun 11, 2010
10:07 AM EDT
bigg,

You just must be lacking a sense of humor, perhaps you fail to see the Big picture? Hint: what happens if one of the aforementioned marks pursues the suggested course and creates a legal precedent that others can use to reclaim their monies?

See the humor now?

YBT
azerthoth

Jun 11, 2010
10:38 AM EDT
ooh, muwahahaha, even harder to wiggle out of if you yourself originally set the precedent. Sneaky sneaky txt. Your my hero.
gus3

Jun 11, 2010
12:17 PM EDT
SCO still owe a boatload of Unix sales money to Novell. That is not a loan, Novell are not creditors, and bankruptcy rules don't apply the way they do to loan debts.

The court ordered SCO to open a constructive trust two years ago http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080829221757478 so at least some money would be set aside before the lawyers drove SCO's balance sheet to zero. One payment from the trust has now been made http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20100604162131869 so now we wait to see, if SCO will appeal yet again, start making regular payments, or go into Chapter 7 bankruptcy (state-ordered corporate termination).
dthacker

Jun 11, 2010
1:00 PM EDT
This is going to make me smile all day long. I hope this dampens the enthusiasm for litigation as a business strategy, but with the current oversupply of lawyers in the US, I doubt it will.

Dave

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!