Same trolls and astroturfers, different day

Story: Linux and Too Many ChoicesTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
caitlyn

Sep 18, 2010
6:27 PM EDT
Hey, Carla, I see you attracted many of the same trolls and astroturfers my articles on choice and marketshare brought out. You are most welcome to them. Please feel free to keep them as long as you want :)
tuxchick

Sep 18, 2010
7:19 PM EDT
LOL. I was kind of hoping for some discussion beyond "is not! Is too!" Oh well, such is life on the Internets. Overall the comments are pretty good, I didn't notice many outright eyerollers.
hkwint

Sep 18, 2010
8:05 PM EDT
After I make up my mind about the issue, I think I might share my point of view. It's a little bit different - given my inadequacy to choose from 100 kinds of cornflakes as discussed before (apart from the fact I don't like cornflakes). Of course, like usual, I'll be looking at the benefits of limiting choice as well.

Now, if only I _could_ make up my mind...
tuxchick

Sep 18, 2010
8:11 PM EDT
I will help you, Hans. On the one hand you could share your point of view. On the other hand, maybe you better not. On yet another hand, you could choose a middle path where you dither back and forth and never decide, which is a sort of decision. On the fourth hand, you might start wondering where all those hands are coming from :)

I'm sure Scott would welcome a nice Hans Kwint feature!
hkwint

Sep 18, 2010
8:16 PM EDT
Thanks for the thumbs up TC!

I like your recursive way of solving my problem. Instead of making up my mind, now my problem is reduced to finding two extra hands. Which we can reduce to finding one hand, and then finding another. Maybe I might borrow some hands of the astro-trollers, it seems they've got enough hands to keep both of you busy!
gus3

Sep 18, 2010
8:50 PM EDT
Mine is the best, whatever it is. The world will be a better place once everyone realizes this.
hkwint

Sep 18, 2010
8:54 PM EDT
OK, I made up my mind. I developed a pretty interesting view, and some of my conclusions even surprised myself. I haven't read those thoughts anywhere else yet, so it promises to be interesting.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!