Looks like a good tool.

Story: If you have access to a web server, create a simple, database-free blog in 5 minutes with FlatPressTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
cr

Feb 04, 2011
8:54 AM EDT
Using the filesystem as a filesystem, rather than running an RDBS to be treated as one, makes a lot of sense to me, which is why I use UseMod wiki on the LAN machines here. (Watching MediaWiki slow to a crawl on a P133 running Slackware trying to deliver up a page was an instructive experience.) With the rising interest in using plug-style and other low-power Linux computers for server-level jobs on the homefront to save space and power, this is even timely.

Thanks for the pointer, Steven.

Steven_Rosenber

Feb 04, 2011
5:21 PM EDT
It's not as easy to use as, say WordPress or Movable Type. It won't automatically drop in a web link or image tag. But there is an upload utility. Since I spend half my day typing in HTML, I don't mind so much. The simplicity of the whole FlatPress setup remains intriguing (to me anyway).
Steven_Rosenber

Feb 06, 2011
12:42 AM EDT
I was wrong about the images. You can upload them via a utility in FlatPress and then place them in the blog via the menu.
cr

Feb 07, 2011
10:05 AM EDT
FYI The current uploader does not deal well with multiple dots in filenames. no-19mar07.tar.gz became no-19mar07tar.gz by the time it was stored in attachs/. Hand-revised to restore the missing dot, however, it was successfully linked to in a post and fetched from that link.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!