This could be a big deal for us.

Story: Ubuntu & Linux Mint Compatible Amazon Prime Unlimited Instant Video Streaming Now Available!Total Replies: 5
Author Content
dinotrac

Feb 25, 2011
11:59 AM EDT
We've used Amazon streaming on our myth box, and found it OK.

I think Netflix still delivers better video quality -- we watch from our Wii, and don't have the bandwidth for more than 480P anyway -- but not sure the difference is enough to care about.
daemox

Feb 26, 2011
1:52 PM EDT
Hi dinotrac,

The connection speed definitely can make a big difference in quality. At 480p are you getting Max connection quality while streaming from Amazon?

Take care, daemox
dinotrac

Feb 26, 2011
3:00 PM EDT
@daemox --

Don't know. Didn't pay enough attention. We were just so happy that we could get recent movies that we actually wanted to see right on our mythbox and didn't have to go out to the redbox and stand behind the one joker who always seems to show up and have to go through the entire selection 12 times before believing the movie he wants isn't there.
azerthoth

Feb 26, 2011
3:26 PM EDT
*chuckle* google ads strikes again.

http://i.imgur.com/N6Oof.png
tuxchick

Feb 26, 2011
7:30 PM EDT
Awesome, az. I saved a Yahoo page for long time that had an article on anorexia nervosa all festooned with lose weight fast ads.
daemox

Mar 10, 2011
12:04 AM EDT
Hah, yeah azerthoth I noticed that a lot too. Oh well. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!