I was hoping for an article about GNOME 3

Story: Understanding Gnome 3 Without the min, max buttonsTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
tracyanne

Mar 09, 2011
6:36 PM EDT
Instead we got YET ANOTHER article about GNOME Shell.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 09, 2011
6:46 PM EDT
It's a Shell game.
Bob_Robertson

Mar 09, 2011
6:59 PM EDT
If only it were a colorful candy shell.
helios

Mar 09, 2011
7:15 PM EDT
At least Canonical came out of their shell.
gus3

Mar 09, 2011
7:42 PM EDT
The GNOME 3 team and their shills can Go To Shell!

(because you know someone had to)
helios

Mar 09, 2011
9:43 PM EDT
I think I'm shell-shocked...
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 10, 2011
12:01 AM EDT
Get the nutcracker
caitlyn

Mar 10, 2011
4:28 PM EDT
Aw nuts!
tracyanne

Mar 11, 2011
3:37 AM EDT
Has anyone here tried to post comments on unixmen. over 3 days ago I posted 2 comments along the lines of what is contained in this quote...

Quoting:Ken the point here is that GNOME 3 isn't the huge departure from GNOME 2 that everyone seems to think. In fact as far as I've been able to ascertain it's no departure at all., as the Linux Mint result will bare out.

I believe the problem is too many people are assuming GNOME Shell is GNOME 3, it's not. GNOME Shell is part of GNOME 3, the part that has received almost all of the marketing love so far.

GNOME Shell works in it's place, on small screen devices, like netbooks, but more particularly touch screen devices, like tablets, as does Unity. Neither of them, no matter how their supporters like to think so, work well or at all on large screens and multi screen rigs, they are quite simply the wrong paradigm.

and quoting clem from Linux Mint re Linux Mint 11: “Katya”

Quoting:Quoting:# Clem Says: February 22nd, 2011 at 5:47 am

No, not Unity. We’re going for Gnome 3 using a traditional desktop layout (no Gnome Shell). Of course you’ll be able to add Unity or Gnome Shell yourself, but by default the desktop will look similar to the one we’re using at the moment.

and yet after receiving the message telling me my comment is being queued, my comments never appear even after several days. I'm begining to wonder if I'm using the wrong deoderant.

Ah ha I've worked it out, the site is called UnixMEN, and clearly I'm not.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!