I'd say he's urinating to the windward

Story: Linux Needs GC Lingua Franca(s) to WinTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
tracyanne

Apr 18, 2011
8:04 PM EDT
I believe there is far more Not Invented Hereism in FOSS than anywhere else.
Bob_Robertson

Apr 18, 2011
9:01 PM EDT
I'll at least agree that Microsoft has no such problem, they freely borrow from anyone.
tracyanne

Apr 20, 2011
10:07 AM EDT
That's right Bob Microsoft have no such problem. No matter how you spin it, no matter how you slag Microsoft, the fact is they don't have the problem, and as a result can and do move faster. We are our own worst enemies, and I don't see the problem going away, and nor do I see any of the ideas presented in the article being seriously considered let a lone adopted.
gus3

Apr 20, 2011
11:21 AM EDT
And yet, for all their "borrowing", $DIETY help us if anyone "borrows" from them.

Or doesn't "borrow" from them. They don't care, they'll sue anyway, or provide the lawyers and financing for someone who will.
tracyanne

Apr 20, 2011
5:43 PM EDT
It's started already.
JaseP

Apr 20, 2011
9:05 PM EDT
Quoting: I'll at least agree that Microsoft has no such problem, they freely borrow from anyone.

They don't borrow, they outright steal,... then threaten to kill your kids and your grandma if you give them grief about it...
tracyanne

Apr 21, 2011
12:21 AM EDT
yes indeed, this is so typical, the conversation should be about what Linux and FOSS should be doing and instead the issues are ignored, and it degenerates, very quickly, into a slagging fest on Microsoft. It's what I expected, which is why I suggest the author of the article is P 155 ing in the wind.

As a collective we never face our own issues, prefering, instead, to complain about Microsoft.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!