Illness? Really?

Story: Firefox 5 release: new speed, same illness Total Replies: 4
Author Content
Jeff91

Jun 11, 2011
10:18 AM EDT
I've got an awesome idea... Lets complain about poor rendering in a *beta* release and then say we like Chrome better because it saves screen space.

Lets just ignore the fact that firefox uses the same amount of screen space after two click - Right Click on the top->Uncheck "Menu Bar" and that Gecko renders a pile of websites better than Webkit does.

Always quality posts from Dark Duck.

~Jeff Hoogland
rshaw

Jun 11, 2011
11:43 AM EDT
and he crows about "it's valid code" with a link to validator , showing almost 30 warnings and 8 errors(checked the live site, still same amount) in html transitional. had it shown the big green "success bar" , he _may_ have a point.
djohnston

Jun 11, 2011
8:40 PM EDT
Quoting:First of all, there was new kernel for Kubuntu: 2.6.38-10.

I suppose there were too many changes in other software (kernel, KDE) to handle them all. I rebooted my computer.

Ummm, yeah. Unless you're using ksplice, it's always a good idea to reboot after a kernel upgrade.

caitlyn

Jun 12, 2011
12:58 AM EDT
Quoting:Ummm, yeah. Unless you're using ksplice, it's always a good idea to reboot after a kernel upgrade.
If you don't reboot and you're not using ksplice you are still running the old kernel.
Fettoosh

Jun 12, 2011
9:13 AM EDT
Quoting:If you don't reboot and you're not using ksplice you are still running the old kernel.

I believe that was the point DJohnston making in a facetious way.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!