Up next - Poll: Should I change my pants?

Story: FOLLOW-UP: Poll: Should I Switch away from Linux Mint?Total Replies: 18
Author Content
lcafiero

Jun 17, 2011
3:49 PM EDT
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

I think I understand what the guy is trying to do here after reading the original blog -- he's looking for options for things that are not working for him in Mint -- but to frame it as a poll on something as personal as what distro works for you -- or is supposed to work for you -- can be considered in some circles to be a tad peculiar.

(edited to fix spelling/clarification)
TxtEdMacs

Jun 17, 2011
4:18 PM EDT
iSeeFar,

Definitely, I don't like the pair you are wearing. May I suggest short pants, with one leg cut off above the knee and the other a bit below? And how about at least a two tone paint scheme? More colors would be far better, but you might be the conservative type, so I will not push it too far. How about leather cuffs?

We are expecting photos soon.

YBT

P.S. When the legs are cut, go to a tailor not a surgeon, I meant the pants' legs not yours.
alc

Jun 17, 2011
5:08 PM EDT
" P.S. When the legs are cut, go to a tailor not a surgeon, I meant the pants' legs not yours."

Now you tell me.
tuxchick

Jun 17, 2011
5:12 PM EDT
Underpants are good for two days, one per side.
skelband

Jun 17, 2011
5:33 PM EDT
@tc:

Depends on whether or not you had a curry the previous evening I think and absorbency of said underpants.
TxtEdMacs

Jun 17, 2011
7:33 PM EDT
Hey Ski Band,

When ever I visit, I must be told wind direction and the likelihood of its maintaining said direction or I will have to politely decline your kind invitations.

and Aclaric,

I wasn't speaking to you, that's what you get for being an eavesdropper and not understanding the intent. Did it hurt ... sorry.

YBT

Scott_Ruecker

Jun 17, 2011
11:39 PM EDT
Quoting:Underpants are good for two days, one per side.

Wow Carla..your like..uhh..right..;-)
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 18, 2011
9:20 PM EDT
For the record..I did change my underpants today
TxtEdMacs

Jun 18, 2011
9:47 PM EDT
So Scott, that means you are set for another month or are you going to stretch it to two as you did this time?

However, do not believe for an instant that I am troubled, we get along fine when you stand down wind.

YBT
Steven_Rosenber

Jun 18, 2011
10:46 PM EDT
Larry -- don't ever change. Keep in touch. And have a bitchin' summer!
hkwint

Jun 19, 2011
10:01 AM EDT
Quoting:we get along fine

Does 'we' in that sentence refer to you and your underpants?
helios

Jun 20, 2011
10:22 AM EDT
Does 'we' in that sentence refer to you and your underpants?

Depends on whether it's day one or day 2...and don't anyone dare reference back to my use of the word "depends"...you don't want to go there. This thread will go to the dark side quickly.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 20, 2011
10:38 AM EDT
"We" should include my chonies but then we're close..me an my underpants that is..;-)

gus3

Jun 20, 2011
10:48 AM EDT
@helios, this thread was with the Dark Side from the word "go".
helios

Jun 20, 2011
11:02 AM EDT
@ gus...

Yeah, PV didn't deserve this. He's a great guy with a lot of heart. Just hope he has the sense of humor I think he has.

There are plenty of examples within LXer of me hijacking threads and committing gross TOS violations...at least I only encouraged this one, not instigated it. The least I could do was offer a legitimate comment on his blog.
devnet

Jun 20, 2011
12:16 PM EDT
what are these 'underpants' you all speak of? :P
TxtEdMacs

Jun 20, 2011
1:22 PM EDT
Quoting:what are these 'underpants' you all speak of?

The working presumption, I and most posters take is that you have read the entire thread in chronological order. Thus, at this late junction finds you this confused, neither I nor any responsible member of posters can shoulder the consequences of introducing you to reality.

The dire consequences are early onset of of Alzheiner's and / or other forms of dementia brought on by the shock sustained by being informed what underpants are. For your protection I am advising your immediate banning from all LXer activities to avoid some feckless fool blurting out the truth that will irremediably warp your mind into twisted knots. We cannot allow that.

However, due to your long standing participation with LXer we owe you a method of return. Bob will teach you a required course in LXer logic, trolling methodology and verbal bomb throwing along with unarmed combat methods should you encounter an abused target in real life. Should you pass the intensive final you will be allowed back in, albeit slowly. We suggest carefully avoiding sensitive threads that have been hijacked such as this one. Best advice, once confused rush for the exit. Within a year or two you will be free to comment, but best stick to the Ten Best Versions of Windows for FOSS devotees or Why the Mac Beats Linux and other non-controversial topics.

Good luck with your recovery,

YBT
skelband

Jun 20, 2011
1:39 PM EDT
@txtedmacs:

You're not related to some guy called amanfrommars by any chance? :D
TxtEdMacs

Jun 20, 2011
2:51 PM EDT
Quoting:You're not related to some guy called amanfrommars by any chance?

Not unless that individual is a cereal killer* or inflicter of mayhem** where ever s/he ventures.

YBT

* I take mine by the cup or bowl, dry or with low fat milk, please.

** Hems are nice on custom underwear. But should use differing widths depending upon leg*** length.

*** You may do your best to match it to your actual legs, if you made the mistake of going to a surgeon rather than a tailor.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!