CrossOver Games is a better choice I think

Story: Tutorials: GameTree Linux - Part 3 - Debugging and crash logsTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
twickline

Jun 26, 2011
1:41 PM EDT
Why not use CrossOver Games from CodeWeavers? GameTree Linux is just re-branded Cedega. And as we all know TransGaming quit giving back to Open Source Wine about 10 years ago. Wouldnt it be better to support CodeWeavers? A company that gives 98% of its code back to Open Source.

B.T.W You can recieve a 15% discount on CrossOver Games / Bundle if you use "EmulateMe" as your dealcode in CodeWeavers store.
helios

Jun 26, 2011
2:52 PM EDT
Codeweavers has issued us a lazurus license for all of their products on our HeliOS computers. We don't put it on all computers as only about 1 out of 50 of our kids would use it. However, the Crossover Gthe kames product is about the best out there. I stay in the Linux neighborhood when gaming but kids that do use it find it simple and stable, For the ridiculously low price they charge i think it's the best of all choices.
jacog

Jun 27, 2011
4:07 AM EDT
I really like Crossover (Office/Games), and it's a great company too. But it's just too expensive to keep paying for updates. For now I just keep XP around to scratch my Windows gaming itch.
twickline

Jun 27, 2011
4:45 AM EDT
I beleive CodeWeavers gives update discounts, and you can also use dealcodes in their store and recieve a discount off the normal price.

If you go to : http://wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/cxgames-mac/play-rift-o... and follow the link you can get CrossOver Games at a 25% discount. CrossOver Games for $29.96 and the Bundle Games and Office for only $37.46 is a deal! And as Helios has pointed out they give away software to none profits, and give back 98% of their code, what more could anyone ask of them...
Koriel

Jun 27, 2011
2:06 PM EDT
Yep, I keep a single windows box around rigged for gaming only.

Tried all the usual stuff wine, cedega in the past, while great for older games they just aren't up to snuff for the latest stuff just to much work involved to get things going.
gus3

Jun 27, 2011
3:25 PM EDT
If the best use for Windows is gaming, does that make it a toy OS?
Koriel

Jun 27, 2011
5:32 PM EDT
@gus3 I suppose it depends on your point of view others are welcome to differ, for myself that would be pretty much a yes to Toys R'OS.

Would i rather be native gaming on Linux, certainly, but im a realist and therefore do not believe that will ever be the case.

jacog

Jun 28, 2011
3:57 AM EDT
Got plenty of awesome commercial titles native to Linux - Braid (thanks to icculus), Trine, Atom Zombie Smasher, Spiral Knights, Minecraft, the new MMO Continuum.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!