Has anyone used scribes?

Story: The Linux Setup - Lateef Alabi-Oki, Scribes text editor Total Replies: 2
Author Content
Alcibiades

Jul 11, 2011
1:33 AM EDT
I tried. What happens is that every couple of seconds, a control bar extends across the top of the window from right to left, stays for a second or two, then vanishes. Otherwise all you do is type into a totally blank pane. Are there keyboard controls? Who knows, maybe there is a way to find out. I decided my remaining time on earth is too short to worry about it.

Tell me someone, please, why on earth I should prefer this to Geany, which just sits there and does what you tell it, and whose controls and menu items are, extraordinary idea, always there when you want them?
Steven_Rosenber

Jul 11, 2011
2:17 AM EDT
+1 for Geany
number6x

Jul 11, 2011
7:31 AM EDT
There are an extensive set of keyboard controls as well as support for textmate like code snippets. Press ctrl+h for a list.

Scribes is a nice little editor.

I believe it is originally a fork of gedit, and scribes supports many of the same extensions as gedit.

I'm happy with gedit. I have it set up to support ruby, python and C/C++ and have added some customizations for the tools I use everyday (git, compiler, lint, etc).

That pretty much covers my needs.

Scribes is nice though, If you are a no-clutter kind of person I would recommend giving it a week or so.

Geany is nice as well and load time for Geany is faster than gedit (the way I have it set up).

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!