Built in UI feedback

Story: Theodore Ts'o and Ingo Molnar don't like Gnome 3 eitherTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
swiftfall

Aug 08, 2011
11:33 AM EDT
A relatively simple program that takes a screenshot, allows annotation, and a small writeup that is very easy to use and relatively easy to find (without being too obtrusive) which is sent to a UI dev-list.
helios

Aug 08, 2011
9:09 PM EDT
But it doesn't matter. Elsewhere on this site is a quote by a member of the Gnome Dev Team stating that they will not incorporate any changes into the GUI because they don't want their environment to be corrupted.
BernardSwiss

Aug 08, 2011
9:40 PM EDT
It appears that the Gnome devs have made a firm commitment to protect the poor users from any "distractions" from their "pure" distraction-free interface.

And this commitment is reflected most clearly in their own commitment to protect themselves and their project from any "distractions" from their vision of what a "pure" uncluttered and usable GUI environment should be...
helios

Aug 08, 2011
9:50 PM EDT
Speaking of relics...

I am a big fan of the Trinity Project. They maintain the old KDE 3.x environment. I have a friend who is remastering a KDE 3.12 ISO for HeliOS with all of our stuff on it and I am really excited about revisiting an old friend. I remain a big fan of the 3.X desktop. I just can't install it on my work machines due to mission critical stuff. I am even loathe to mix kde and gnome libs because of the trouble it can cause down the road during updates. Maybe I will devote a class machine in our lab to it and see how it works out.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!