the kernel hates GNOME3?

Story: Linus Hates GNOME 3 and I Don'tTotal Replies: 16
Author Content
gus3

Aug 12, 2011
6:47 AM EDT
It's just annoying when I see "Linux" when referring to the man.

His name is "Linus."

(Bonus points for identifying the reference.)
KernelShepard

Aug 12, 2011
7:56 AM EDT
Yea, I saw it in the summary and cringed.
tracyanne

Aug 12, 2011
8:28 AM EDT
It's actually a common typo, the 'S' and the 'X' being very close on the keyboard.
KernelShepard

Aug 12, 2011
8:32 AM EDT
tracyanne: yea, that's why I "tolerate" it, but I tend to expect better from mainstream journalists. *shrug*
Jeff91

Aug 12, 2011
12:02 PM EDT
Someone doesn't hate Gnome 3? I guess I'll add a mark to that side of my tally sheet.

Somehow that still doesn't make more people that like Gnome 3 VS hate Gnome 3.

~Jeff
tuxchick

Aug 12, 2011
1:07 PM EDT
Linus is a god. Kneel, worms.
skelband

Aug 12, 2011
2:20 PM EDT
I kinda get the message that Linus is "just" a user.

However he is a respected guy kinda like RMS and people listen and take note when he has something to say.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that per se. Some people's views have more sway/validity than others and I'm cool with that.
JaseP

Aug 12, 2011
2:51 PM EDT
Linus is just a user the way Michael Jordan is just a guy who shoots hoops... His opinion matters more than the average guy.
dinotrac

Aug 12, 2011
4:13 PM EDT
@tc --

It offends me to see the lack of respect that some people accord to the Great and Powerful Linus.

Personally, I consider him better than 99.999% of all people. Almost my equal, in fact.
jdixon

Aug 12, 2011
4:36 PM EDT
> Linus is just a user the way Michael Jordan is just a guy who shoots hoops... His opinion matters more than the average guy.

Well, some people seem to think so. Personally, I'll take Jerry West's opinion over Jordan's any day, but that's me.

Now. Linus. Yeah, his opinion matters.
Fettoosh

Aug 12, 2011
5:49 PM EDT
I agree with Marcel Gagne, Gnome 3 is beautiful on tablets.

tuxchick

Aug 12, 2011
6:06 PM EDT
Almost, dino, he misses by a hair. A big fat hair to be sure, but still a hair.
hkwint

Aug 12, 2011
9:37 PM EDT
JaseP: You should compare to Michael Jordan giving comment on tonight's soccer match. Because after all Linus is not an UI-expert, is he?

Of course, if Michael Jordan gives comments on tonight's soccer match it will be more interesting then if an average bloke from the street does, but still, probably there's people from the streets saying more sensible / interesting things about soccer than Michael Jordan.
montezuma

Aug 13, 2011
11:36 AM EDT
Linus is right. Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols is right. gnome3 sucks big time as does unity. The developers have their heads up their rear-ends. Time for a fork.
helios

Aug 13, 2011
2:17 PM EDT
Linus is a god. Kneel, worms.

Speaking for the rest of us worms....we can't kneel...

We don't have knees.

Just sayin'
TxtEdMacs

Aug 13, 2011
4:54 PM EDT
Sun god all be mighty,

What about those worms that walk at both ends but have a nifty loop in between? Would that fulfill tc's conditions?

No knees worm, just asking ...

YBT
Fettoosh

Aug 13, 2011
5:57 PM EDT
Quoting:What about those worms that walk at both ends but have a nifty loop in between?

I believe flat on the face is more than enough.

That doesn't apply to me since I disagree with him. ha ha.

[Edited]

To come to think of it, I don't agree with anyone. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!