Witchcraft strikes again!

Story: Chaos feared after UNIX time-zone database is nukedTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
albinard

Oct 07, 2011
10:26 AM EDT
Oh, great! Usually science trumps superstition, but I guess superstition will use the court to fight back.
cr

Oct 07, 2011
12:35 PM EDT
Umm, no. This is an IP troll who, having gotten hold of something with some value to someone, can't think of anything better to do with it than "monetize it" at someone else's expense. Those come in all religions, including those who disavow any senses more than five as a matter of faith. And we're right up at the edge of TOS, or maybe over, but the thread title got there first.
albinard

Oct 07, 2011
1:08 PM EDT
Oops - I fear I don't know what TOS is. Would you help me out and de-acronymize?
jdixon

Oct 07, 2011
1:11 PM EDT
TOS = Terms of service.

The relevant section is: Discussion and debate of a political or religious nature is not allowed on the site.

The moderators keep a fairly loose leash, but as an occasional offender, I can attest that they do step in when warranted.
albinard

Oct 07, 2011
3:25 PM EDT
@jdixon: Thanks for the de-acronymificationary assistance!
tracyanne

Oct 07, 2011
5:04 PM EDT
TOS = Tiptoe Over the Subject
cr

Oct 07, 2011
5:48 PM EDT
Personally, I think Astrolabe should be banned from all the NTP servers worldwide. I wonder how long it'd take AnonOps to adapt LOIC to that port...
tracyanne

Oct 07, 2011
6:00 PM EDT
@CR, a great idea,but one that would never happen

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!