Showing off ignorance

Story: Mea culpa: coming clean about my n00b Linux mistakesTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
kikinovak

Nov 02, 2011
12:42 AM EDT
First thing that comes to mind when reading this article: how can someone display such blatant ignorance? I've been using Linux for well over ten years, and I have a bookshelf full of books about the basics: *nix system administration, Bash shell, TCP/IP, distro-specific books from CentOS to Debian to Slackware and FreeBSD. And still, I spend most of my time reading, learning and experimenting. First thing I want to do after reading this guy's article is hit him with "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Unleashed". But then, I must concede Windows has a great advantage over Linux: it even allows complete ignorants to feel like "sysadmins" as long as they can find their way to the System Settings icon like a trained ape.
lcafiero

Nov 02, 2011
12:44 AM EDT
Just hand him a bigger shovel so he can keep digging himself deeper into the hole he's already dug for himself.
tuxchick

Nov 02, 2011
12:50 AM EDT
Hey, don't be dissing apes.
lcafiero

Nov 02, 2011
12:53 AM EDT
I would never diss apes.
BernardSwiss

Nov 02, 2011
3:12 AM EDT
You better not (they can fling it better than you can, and have far less compunction about doing so).

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!