Links to a comment, not a story.

Story: The Final Word on Ubuntu and UnityTotal Replies: 12
Author Content
HoTMetaL

Nov 08, 2011
4:53 AM EDT
And I stopped reading the comment at this point: "...Ubuntu was marketed as a multicultural, politically correct distribution of the Linux operating system, and as a patriotic American I didn't find that appealing..."

To those in other countries who also read LXer: We aren't ALL a-holes. Really, we're not.
tracyanne

Nov 08, 2011
5:48 AM EDT
@HoTMetaL, that's a relief.
helios

Nov 08, 2011
7:28 AM EDT
On top of that, it had subliminal messages constantly saying "communism is good, communism is good, communism.......
gfre

Nov 08, 2011
12:18 PM EDT
And on top of that no where in the docs could the word terrorism be found.
tracyanne

Nov 08, 2011
5:08 PM EDT
Quoting:...subliminal messages constantly saying "communism is good,...

Do you mean it's not?
montezuma

Nov 08, 2011
6:15 PM EDT
Pretty idiotic statement. Shuttleworth started an internet company in 1995 which he sold 4 years later for half a billion dollars. Sure sounds like a Commie to me,
helios

Nov 08, 2011
6:36 PM EDT
That was a tongue-in-cheek reference to those that claim Linux is a communist plot because of it's "open" nature. On its face, of course it's an idiotic statement, if you didn't understand the context in which it was used.
tracyanne

Nov 08, 2011
6:57 PM EDT
Quoting:...a tongue-in-cheek reference to those that claim Linux is a communist plot...

D@mn, I thought you were being serious
BernardSwiss

Nov 08, 2011
7:15 PM EDT
Interesting site arrangement -- in addition to a forum for "Linux" , they have a separate forum dedicated to "Linux Bashing"' (not very popular, it seems) and one dedicated to "Windows Bashing".
caitlyn

Nov 08, 2011
8:41 PM EDT
I find it amusing that anyone thinks they have "the final word" on pretty much anything.
montezuma

Nov 08, 2011
9:16 PM EDT
Sorry helios my comment wasn't directed at you at all. I saw the tongue in cheek It was meant for the comment linked to...
helios

Nov 08, 2011
10:02 PM EDT
I figured...just clarifyin'....
lcafiero

Nov 08, 2011
10:08 PM EDT
I have seen this posting by Ignatius T Foobar before, and I think Ignatius may have posted it as a comment on one of my blog items regarding Unity -- and I'm OK with that. Once past the politically correct/patriotic American thing (which is clearly something that makes you go, "huh?"), I think Ignatius makes some good points that are certainly open to the wide discussion and debate that has been going on about desktop environments for the past several months or so.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!