Much ado about nothing

Story: Linux MintedTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
BernardSwiss

Dec 12, 2011
7:34 PM EDT
If you do click on this story, be sure to read the comments section as well -- and in particular Clement Lefebvre's own posts in the discussion there.
tracyanne

Dec 12, 2011
7:49 PM EDT
Absolutely, this is much ado about nothing. It is silly, it is a bunch of children squabbling over who gets the last cookie.
cmost

Dec 12, 2011
10:10 PM EDT
Considering how much the Mint community has contributed to Gnome 3, as in making it bearable for users, I don't begrudge them taking a few pennies away from the Gnome community one little bit! Sounds like this is nothing more than a big brouhaha over nothing!
flufferbeer

Dec 12, 2011
10:30 PM EDT
@tracyanne,

I agree that this is just a trumped up squabble. Look at the pro-Ubuntu'ness all over the story and the website name. It seems to me that this whole silly story comes off as Ubuntu's continuing sour grapes over Mint overtaking Ubuntu in the DistroWatch ratings.

My own 2c.
jdixon

Dec 13, 2011
9:20 AM EDT
You have to remember that Mint is a community distro while Ubuntu is a corporate backed distro. The two are held to different standards by most users. Ubuntu receives more criticism, as they're supposed to be professionals.
Fettoosh

Dec 13, 2011
11:00 AM EDT
Quoting:It seems to me that this whole silly story comes off as Ubuntu's continuing sour grapes over Mint overtaking Ubuntu in the DistroWatch ratings.

@fluffer,

I wouldn't give DistroWatch that much credit. I think Canonical is concerned a lot more about the publicity Linuxmint is getting on the Internet in general and in particular the highly favorable user posts everywhere. They know such posts were what brought Ubuntu to the top of the list and they could be the ones that bring it down.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!