I always said...

Story: Nokia and Microsoft Struggle to Find Clear Mobile Message Total Replies: 8
Author Content
2briancox

Dec 15, 2011
8:27 AM EDT
When I heard about this partnership between Nokia and MS, I said "When the two companies with the worst understanding about the future of the mobile market get together, look for nothing good to come out of it." They are proving me right.
skelband

Dec 15, 2011
1:08 PM EDT
Interestingly, all the mobile phone adverts that I see around the place are for the Galaxy Nexus.

+1 for Android there. A high-end, "desirable" aspiration phone. Even if "the youth" can't afford it, they want to have it anyway. That's what the youth and the mobile phone market is all about and this paltry release by Nokia just proves that they are so out of touch with what's happening, it's not funny.
helios

Dec 15, 2011
2:13 PM EDT
just proves that they are so out of touch with what's happening, it's not funny.

In my sick and twisted world....yes it is.

JaseP

Dec 15, 2011
2:42 PM EDT
Nokia had carnal relations with the canine, unfortunately. Maemo, as of the N900, had matured pretty well. All it needed was a cosmetic make-over to compete with iOS or Android. Then, they went and shot it dead, behind the wood shed, like it was a rapid dog. (Jeez, I'm just loaded with dog analogies, today.)
jdixon

Dec 15, 2011
3:52 PM EDT
> Jeez, I'm just loaded with dog analogies, today.

Well, at least your comments aren't going to the dogs.
dinotrac

Dec 15, 2011
4:59 PM EDT
@JaseP -

Well, at least your dogs are fast instead of being infected with a terrible disease.
mrider

Dec 15, 2011
6:45 PM EDT
Maybe it's a Russian dog. (sorry)
tracyanne

Dec 15, 2011
6:48 PM EDT
I thought thje message was clear. "free Windows phones for the best Android malware stories."
JaseP

Dec 16, 2011
11:55 AM EDT
I just saw a story on the web indicating that SMS messaging is an attack vector for Win7 phones... Sending a simple SMS to win phone users causes one of the major systems on the phone to shut down,... Oh, Microsoft, if ye would only get the log out of thy own eye...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!