The question that comes to my mind is ...

Story: Mozilla Plans for Firefox Enterprise - Will it Slow Innovation?Total Replies: 4
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Jan 12, 2012
9:10 AM EDT
Does Google to finance a gaggle of flacks to push it's agenda?

If so where do I sign up?

The author is against it, why? Perhaps s/he sees this change as a diversion from its [Firefox's] self inflicted drive towards extinction.

YBT*

* Sorry no time for tags, you decide on its tone.

djohnston

Jan 12, 2012
6:41 PM EDT
Quoting:So now Mozilla has officially embraced a plan for an Enterprise release version of Firefox dubbed Extended Release Support (ESR).

Shouldn't that be ERS? The other question that came to mind is ... would Eric S. Raymond be proud?
Fettoosh

Jan 12, 2012
10:26 PM EDT
Quoting:Shouldn't that be ERS?

No, but "Extended Release Support" should have been "Extended Support Release" according to this article

http://www.datamation.com/applications/mozilla-pitches-plan-...

Quoting:As such, Mozilla has now come up with a proposal for what they refer to as an Extended Support Release (ESR). Instead of the current six week cycle, the ESR release of Firefox will be maintained for 42 weeks.
caitlyn

Jan 13, 2012
12:48 AM EDT
Quoting:The author is against it, why?
His argument seems to be that it already exists in RHEL. So? Not every business Linux deployment is Red Hat, as much as some folks here in Raleigh would like it to be. I really don't see any reason to criticize Mozilla for this move. Quite the contrary: it's most welcome.
HoTMetaL

Jan 13, 2012
4:00 AM EDT
Anyone interested in reading the official ESR proposal from Mozilla, the document is here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!