Here's a better way to help

Story: Canonical pulls funding on Kubuntu after 7 years Total Replies: 3
Author Content
Khamul

Feb 07, 2012
7:43 PM EDT
As a longtime stalwart KDE user, I say ignore Riddell's call for increased community support, and instead, direct your support towards Linux Mint's KDE edition. Mint is a better-run distro than Ubuntu, doesn't have some crazy egomaniac at the helm trying to push some wacky unusable UI on everyone, and actually responds to the needs and desires of its users instead of dictating to them. Mint's KDE version could use more attention, so if you want to contribute, contribute there, not to Ubuntu. I'm sure the Mint devs would greatly appreciate any help they get.
set

Feb 07, 2012
9:20 PM EDT
Mint is a community supported distro based un Ubuntu, Kubuntu is a community supported distro based un Ubuntu, which until now, Canonical used to pay someone to work on. If you like Mint, join their community, if you like Kubuntu, do the same. If you cannot salve your Canonical/Ubuntu butthurt, maybe you should look at something *else*.
kennethh

Feb 07, 2012
10:04 PM EDT
Canonical is going to do what it's going to do, there are plenty of other projects not gnome nor kde that need support that do conciliate to the traditional desktop most are accustomed to. As for kubuntu it is what it is and people need to deal with it. There are plenty of things that canonical/ubuntu do that I agree with and don't agree with but in the end I use what fits me.
flufferbeer

Feb 07, 2012
10:18 PM EDT
@kennethh,

Isn't it great that YOU have the free choice to use Canitbecomical's ubuntu (Canonical) 'cause it fits YOU just fine? And isn't it great that so many others have the free choice to use Linux Mint 'cause it fits THEM just fine? Seems to me that a whole bunch of people think the latter as I can see at the Distrowatch site!

+1 Khamul . And mine make good cents ;)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!