Best ... title ... ever

Story: Controlling Liquor Loss with LinuxTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Steven_Rosenber

Feb 08, 2012
1:33 AM EDT
Controlling Liquor Loss with Linux

I don't even want to read it. That might ruin the awesomeness.
HoTMetaL

Feb 08, 2012
2:24 AM EDT
It probably would ruin it, since this article could've also been titled "Controlling Liquor Loss with Ubuntu". (Spoiler alert: they're using Ubuntu servers).
tracyanne

Feb 08, 2012
2:38 AM EDT
It's a good article that talks about using Linux to get the job done. It's rather irrelevent that Ubuntu is the current Linux OS. If this article had been written in 2009, it would not have mentioned Ubuntu.

Some people will never be happy. We all, quite rightly, complain about articles that have titles about doing this or that in Ubuntu, when the author is refering to something that applies to Linux in general. Now when we get an article that talks about Linux, because the application can run on any Linux, someone is unhappy because it mentions Ubuntu, even though Ubuntu just happenes to one of the Linux Operating Systems the company has used.

Jeez Louise.

As the author writes

Quoting:Mostly, Carroll doesn't spend much time worrying about his operating system these days. "We don't talk about Linux," he says. "It's just there."

HoTMetaL

Feb 08, 2012
4:36 AM EDT
@tracyanne: You read WAY too much into my silly comment. I was implying that in the current anti-Ubuntu climate that exists around here, putting Ubuntu in the title may have spoiled it for some. That's all. I'm distro-neutral.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!