a game i am looking forward to play

Story: Cradle, New Adventure Game With Stunning 3D Graphics Coming to LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

Feb 15, 2012
9:24 AM EDT
at last a game that looks like it's worth playing. i loved playing Uru/Myst (which is open source now), and Cradle seems to be in the same category. this is very refreshing to see, (especially since they promise a linux version), after seeing way to many shooting/fighting games.

greetings, eMBee.
flufferbeer

Feb 15, 2012
1:49 PM EDT
@mbaehrlxer,

FYI, I tried to subscribe and download Uru/Mysts using your link, failed to accomplish this, did a google search for "Uru/Myst" and "Linux", and finally got to some baloney about needing wine. I guess that this "open source" UruMyst is a bit too alphabeta-buggy right now, wouldn't you say? If other's experiences are anything like mine in going through all these hoops, then it's safe to say that FOR SURE few of us will be hurrying to subscribe, download, and play Uru/Myst for awhile!

My 2c
mbaehrlxer

Feb 15, 2012
2:12 PM EDT
yes, i ignored it too until i heard about the plans to open the source.

the main thing that is open is the server. there is a replacement client under development called plasmaclient which should run natively on linux, but i can't find any uptodate information on that. it appears that for now the focus is on server and content development. (a new development server just opened to allow contributors to have their new content and fixes on the server publicly tested.)

greetings, eMBee.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!