What are "devcies"?

Story: Ubuntu For Android Devcies Will Be Introduced At Mobile World Congress 2012Total Replies: 7
Author Content
caitlyn

Feb 22, 2012
9:21 AM EDT
Just curious...
JaseP

Feb 22, 2012
10:46 AM EDT
I'm guessing Tablets and Phones. But, it would be interesting to see "set-top" boxes as well,... Think about it,... Android and Ubuntu Apps running side by side on the same machine,... Now pair that with an X86 version of Android & you have a full Linux distro that runs android apps (think Netflix, GoogleTV, etc.)... And to that add: VirtualBox, VLC, Wine (for those who absolutely HAVE to run M$ Office),... Maybe even a choice of UI... Now that's an M$ killer...
zentrader

Feb 22, 2012
2:53 PM EDT
Som knd a devolepor, dev-cies? Definitely not a spell checker. A search for "Devcies" says there are "mobile devcies", "Energy-based Devcies", "Medical Devcies", etc.
penguinist

Feb 22, 2012
4:47 PM EDT
As someone with both a native language and a few additional ones, I can certainly appreciate the effort someone takes to communicate in a secondary language. I try to spellcheck at least, but even then, mistakes can happen and go unnoticed.

If I make language mistakes, I hope people will treat me with tolerance, and at least respect me for making the attempt. Remember, language errors don't necessarily reflect on the intelligence level of the writer.
tracyanne

Feb 22, 2012
6:07 PM EDT
I'm dyslexic, so I never noticed.
Khamul

Feb 22, 2012
6:26 PM EDT
You dno't hvae to be dxyiselc to raed txet wrhee irentanl leetrts hvae been cloplteemy rrgeranead.
tracyanne

Feb 22, 2012
7:33 PM EDT
well that was a conversation stopper.
Khamul

Feb 22, 2012
8:17 PM EDT
Not sure why; there's actually been real research into this. Basically, as long as the first and last letters of a word are correct, the letters inside can be rearranged and people will generally be able to read it correctly. Humans are very good at pattern recognition.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!