Too true

Story: I tried to watch -- Game Of Thrones -- and this is what happenedTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
Koriel

Feb 25, 2012
10:47 AM EDT
"Impossibly proportioned girls who want to date my testicles" link is broken :)
notbob

Feb 25, 2012
11:30 AM EDT
ROFL!..... Freakin' hilarious and absolutely dead on.

Though why anyone would want to watch GoT in the fist place is a mystery. Sounds like jes another one of the stupid high-end soap operas, like Damaged or Mad Med, with no resolution in sight. Cracks me up the networks have figured out how to recycle half a century of crappy soap opera stupidity by dressing it up in film, high buck retro production values, big name stars, and/or dungeons n' dragon props. Even I got caught watching a few eps of the two mentioned before realizing I'd been duped like a country rube off the turnip truck.

Yo!..... Koriel.... wait for the email. ;)

nb
tuxchick

Feb 25, 2012
8:18 PM EDT
I love The Oatmeal. It is Truth encased in crude language, crude drawings, and die laughing humor.
BernardSwiss

Feb 25, 2012
9:31 PM EDT
@notbob

Game of Thrones has been very popular (in SF circles, at least) for quite some while. The mini-series is just Detroit/Hollywood jumping on the bandwagon.

@Koriel

Fear not. Just Google or Duck ".torrent" and you will find plenty of such links that work (or at least, aren't broken) :-P
dinotrac

Feb 26, 2012
10:04 AM EDT
It's a funny thing. This year, the BBC made the latest episodes of Doctor Who avaible on Amazon shortly after airing in England.

This year, I've been coughing up 2 bucks an episode to watch them, and not....ummmm.... tempted to find them from sources that might not be in full compliance with the copyright.

It's the story of Prohibition -- and cigarettes in the current tax cigarettes to the moon climate:

Make it impossible to get something in a reasonable manner, and people will find their own way to get it or do without.
Koriel

Feb 26, 2012
4:04 PM EDT
I love GoT, its great fantasy the TV series is OK but nowhere near as good as the books although Peter Dinklage fits my imagining of Tyrion perfectly and Sean Bean did a bang up job as well as Eddard Stark but Sean pretty much always delivers he is a very reliable actor and if you ever get chance to see the Sharpe series from ITV starring Sean you should check it out.

As for Dr. Who, Being Human etc, I watch them on BBC iPlayer about pretty much the same day they are shown in the UK using SelekTOR just google it. Same went for Misfits (E4) and The Fades (BBC), btw can highly recommend The Fades its surprisingly scary.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!