Nothing to do with Linux

Story: I Didn't Tell Facebook I'm Engaged, So Why Is It Asking About My Fiancé?Total Replies: 2
Author Content
HoTMetaL

Mar 17, 2012
2:48 AM EDT
This article has nothing to do with Linux, but by sending others a link to it, it helps them understand why Facebook is way-too-creepy for me.
mbaehrlxer

Mar 17, 2012
3:18 AM EDT
exactly my thought. the topic of social networks and privacy comes up frequently enough on lxer for this to be interesting. my personal feeling is that i knew facebook was creepy, but i didn't know it was that creepy. from my previous stance of "i'd rather not join it, but i might if it turns out to be the only way to keep in touch with someone important to me" i have upgraded to "no, i'll never join. over my dead body". my children will also not be permitted to join until they are old enough that i can't legally stop them (if i haven't managed to raise them with enough respect for privacy by then i'll have to blame myself).

greetings, eMBee.
lxerguest

Mar 17, 2012
7:29 AM EDT
Convenient for users but convenient for data-mining.I have thought this about Price Club memberships too,but this may be more personal.Anyway it's about time someone other than Google was pointed out for privacy/antitrust violations.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!