learn the difference between BETA and RC

Story: The good and bad of Ubuntu 12.04 beta 2 Total Replies: 3
Author Content
cmost

Apr 01, 2012
9:12 AM EDT
This is a beta release, not a Release Candidate. Here's the difference: beta is unfinished work; an RC is considered finished and is provided for the sort of scrutiny you did. You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle had you learned this difference before you wasted so much time and effort. Oops, your bad.
dinotrac

Apr 01, 2012
9:38 AM EDT
@cmost --

Did you actually read the post?

You could have saved yourself the effort of a comment had you learned what a beta tester is and does.
ubuuser

Apr 01, 2012
11:01 AM EDT
@cmost There are floods of articles related to Linux, so you might have skimmed this article too. What I however missed to say in the article at last is, if you people have similar nuisances regarding ubuntu, please feel free to include on comment. May be it will be help to those developers (working on desktop) to at least fix some show stopper bugs. I could have individually posted each bug on launchpad, but I choose to include it in this article, so that other people who might have similar problems can amplify them. Cheers!!!
tracyanne

Apr 01, 2012
6:22 PM EDT
Quoting:May be it will be help to those developers (working on desktop) to at least fix some show stopper bugs.

Unity

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!