I have a music video project in mind.

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Bob_Robertson

May 11, 2012
9:51 AM EDT
I have a project in mind to take "make a music video".

I have an existing .avi file to use as lead-in and lead-out, I can get the music relatively easily, and I would like most of it to be simple cuts/fades, maybe pans and zooms, of .jpgs

It would be nice to be able to splice in some other .avi, .mpg or other video, too, now that I think about it.

All timed to the music, of course.

Yes, I know I'm a decade late in wanting to do a personal music video, but one does what one has a project to do.

Which of the numerous applications (avidumux, cinelara, etc) that I've seen referenced would you suggest?
tuxchick

May 11, 2012
11:47 AM EDT
Openshot. Openshot lets you combine movie clips and still images in whatever higgledly piggledy fashion you desire. It does fades, titles, and rolling credits. And I believe it does pans and zooms too. It's simple to learn, and there is a good user manual. If you try it and get stuck give me a poke and I can probably help. I just made a little movie with it, and it was quite fun.
Bob_Robertson

May 11, 2012
2:12 PM EDT
Openshot.

Thank you, TC, you are a Lady and a scholar. I will let you know if/when I ever finish it and put it up on YouTube.

And fear not, I'm sure I'll have enough questions to try the patience of a saint.
Bob_Robertson

May 11, 2012
2:21 PM EDT
TC, just looking at the web site, not even into the manual yet, it does seem perfect.

Thank you.
Fettoosh

May 11, 2012
4:02 PM EDT
Quoting:... it does seem perfect.

And if you get stuck on something Openshot doesn't or can't do, there is always Kdenlive, give it a try. I heard it is pretty good too.

tuxchick

May 11, 2012
4:20 PM EDT
Quoting: I'm sure I'll have enough questions to try the patience of a saint.

Que? No habla Ingles.
tracyanne

May 11, 2012
5:30 PM EDT
Try KDEnlive
gus3

May 11, 2012
5:43 PM EDT
Quoting:No habla Ingles.
That's okay, TC. Amurrikin spocken hear.

You cannot post until you login.