Whew!

Story: An apology is owedTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
Khamul

May 11, 2012
6:30 PM EDT
I thought this going to be an apology about Ubuntu (the main one, not any spin-offs); I'm relieved to see that it's not.

Also, I never knew "lcafiero"'s real name. I thought he was just someone who was a big fan of Fieros.
caitlyn

May 11, 2012
7:09 PM EDT
Fewt a/k/a Andrew Wyatt is outspoken in his opinions and sometimes rubs people the wrong way. I also find that he is right more often than not. I missed the incident that got him banned from LXer. I miss his commentary here even when I don't agree with it. He has a tendency to be both insightful and inciteful at the same time.
lcafiero

May 11, 2012
7:33 PM EDT
Gotcha, Khamul! :-)

Though Andrew and I have locked horns in the past, I have always admired his passion for what he is doing at his age -- I think he's a young guy, if I'm not mistaken -- and I am hoping that the responsibility of being a distro leader going forward isn't lost on him (and I don't think it is) when dealing with others. That goes for Jeff91 as well, who I also think highly of, if that matters.

But I'm just wondering how many folks won't read past the headline and think I'm apologizing to someone else . . . .
tracyanne

May 11, 2012
8:33 PM EDT
Oh it wasn't Mark... my bad.
lcafiero

May 11, 2012
8:38 PM EDT
It pays to read all the way through, TA. :-)
tracyanne

May 11, 2012
9:20 PM EDT
I did, just joshin
DrGeoffrey

May 11, 2012
10:59 PM EDT
Unfortunately, I played a far too significant role in the play that led to fewt's banning. And, if Larry doesn't mind, I would like to add my apology to his.
lcafiero

May 11, 2012
11:02 PM EDT
Nope, I don't mind.
Steven_Rosenber

May 12, 2012
10:58 AM EDT
Please tip your server ...
gus3

May 12, 2012
1:00 PM EDT
It makes a funny noise when I do that...

(h/t TA)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!