Good article

Story: Innovate or Imitate? Where Linux Lags, Where Linux Leads Total Replies: 4
Author Content
djohnston

May 12, 2012
3:35 PM EDT
There's a descriptor line in the first section which reads:

Quoting:Figure 1: Ada Lovelace, the very first programmer.

Either the line is meant for another article, or the associated graphic is missing.
theBeez

May 13, 2012
5:19 AM EDT
Yes, I was also missing this completely unrelated graphic. Apart from that, most of the article is dedicated to the things that are LACKING in Linux instead of innovations, which kind of debunks the entire point of the article. I'd rather seen a detailed list of things that Linux innovated. For almost each an every point listed in the summary you'd say that it is still a reimplementation of stuff others developed before. But it's nice to have a list of where Carla will put in her programming efforts. Since a graphic of Grace Hopper is missing I guess she won't implement them in COBOL.
jacog

May 13, 2012
5:49 AM EDT
theBeez, are you actually capable of speaking without coming off as a waffling pile of dung?
theBeez

May 13, 2012
11:25 AM EDT
@jacog: my editor thinks so.. As are my thousands of readers. I can only advise you to read the bible: "If thy eye offends thee then rip it out".
jacog

May 13, 2012
3:49 PM EDT
And that's all I need to know. Many thanks. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!