He's absolutely right

Story: and, nor or Total Replies: 7
Author Content
caitlyn

May 18, 2012
11:30 PM EDT
Here is a KDE developer getting the current state of the desktop and the best approach to it for Linux absolute, positively 100% right.
Khamul

May 18, 2012
11:36 PM EDT
No way, this guy is totally full of it. The desktop is dead. We need to concentrate all our efforts on the web. You should all just toss out your obsolete desktop systems, and learn to start programming web pages on your cellphone.

In other news, this forum isn't about Linux at all, it's about bathroom tiles.
tracyanne

May 19, 2012
12:04 AM EDT
Quoting:Here is a KDE developer getting the current state of the desktop and the best approach to it for Linux absolute, positively 100% right.

I thought so too, I didn't see any flying pigs either.
kikinovak

May 19, 2012
2:27 AM EDT
Just remember the famous saying "The dogs bark, the caravan walks along". My desktop is 100% GNU/Linux since 2001. My company (http://www.microlinux.fr) is selling free enterprise software solutions to professional clients. The Enterprise Desktop is based on Debian Squeeze and KDE4. Which rocks, by the way, and not the faintest idea why it should suddenly come to a halt. Huge pat on the shoulder, Aaron, and keep up the good work.
Fettoosh

May 20, 2012
12:39 PM EDT
Quoting:I didn't see any flying pigs either.

@TA, Obviously you haven't seen the one flying right above your comment. :-)

tracyanne

May 20, 2012
6:17 PM EDT
that wasn't a pig, it was large pink elephant
Fettoosh

May 20, 2012
6:54 PM EDT
You don't mean This Pink Elephant Do you?

Of course you knew Khamul is being sarcastic, he is a big enthusiast of KDE.

tracyanne

May 20, 2012
8:39 PM EDT
Khamul. sarcastic... I don't believe it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!