KdenLive

Story: Release of non-linear video editing system - LightWorksTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
relst

May 29, 2012
2:59 PM EDT
Would love to see this coming! Anyone knows how it compares to KdenLive?
tracyanne

May 29, 2012
5:32 PM EDT
I tried to download it. But was unable to do so. It appears it is not as Open Source as it is touted. I attempted to submit a registration form... to get the Free Activation Key ...but the form never submitted,. The javascript on the page kept throwing errors saying I had missed some peivce of information, even though I had filled out each field with valid information.
Steven_Rosenber

May 30, 2012
12:17 AM EDT
Nice ...

I'm starting to play with KDEnlive. It seems to be getting some developer attention, which is always nice. I haven't had time to figure it out enough to do a whole video, but I hope to do that soon.
jacog

May 30, 2012
5:22 AM EDT
I used to always look at kdenlive and go "This is awesome!" but then usually dropped since since it crashed all the time, and then one day I tried it and it was suddenly stable, It remains my favourite NLE. True story.
Fettoosh

May 30, 2012
10:49 AM EDT
KDEnlive will even be more stable by the end of the year due to the code refactoring it is going through.

Quoting: In march 2012, we launched a fundraising campaign “Kdenlive refactoring” to allow Till Theato – one of our developers – to work on Kdenlive fulltime for 2 months.

A code refactoring became necessary because we found that the architecture of Kdenlive, which reaches back to 2002, is not up-to-date anymore and discourages new developers to join our project. Additionally, new features take much longer to implement and contain more bugs than they should.

We were able to achieve our goal in very short time and at the end had received almost twice as much money as originally asked for. For us this huge support was phenomenal and we hope that every Kdenlive user will profit from the work done thanks to the campaign. So a huge thanks goes out to everyone who donated and also to all the people who helped making our campaign more public.

Read More

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!