So simple it's

Story: Red Hat Drinks the Microsoft Kool-AidTotal Replies: 12
Author Content
AlleyTrotter

Jun 07, 2012
1:22 PM EDT
Linux runs most of the world's servers Modify servers to start blocking Windows With an announcement that we cannot process requests from insecure OS

john
caitlyn

Jun 07, 2012
1:26 PM EDT
Sure... Red Hat customers will allow that. Right. What a wonderful way to put Red Hat out of business.

What planet are you living on again?
copycon

Jun 07, 2012
2:55 PM EDT
@caitlyn he never says Red Hat you do. Red Hat is not the number one Linux distribution on web servers that would be Debian. Red Hat is number four.
caitlyn

Jun 07, 2012
4:58 PM EDT
He said servers, not web servers. Red Hat is about 70-80% of the enterprise server market. The article said Red Hat. That's in the title.
flufferbeer

Jun 08, 2012
12:04 AM EDT
-2 caitlyn, the new self-appointed apologist for Red Hat.

2c
f3wt

Jun 08, 2012
6:37 AM EDT
-42 flufferbeer, self appointed troll for LXer.

2c
gus3

Jun 08, 2012
12:25 PM EDT
Dang, f3wt, why not just show up and start peeing all over the place with your name-calling?
Fettoosh

Jun 08, 2012
12:31 PM EDT
He will, just wait a bit longer. :-)

flufferbeer

Jun 08, 2012
4:28 PM EDT
@Fettoosh, Yes.

From someone still living on Planet Earth (but TG minimally in the M$ and Red Hat sphere of influence!) waiting, waiting, almost there ......
caitlyn

Jun 08, 2012
4:35 PM EDT
I'm not apologizing for Red Hat. They have nothing to apologize for. However, I expect those in the Linux community who are attacking Red Hat and biting the hand that feeds won't ever apologize, and they do have what to apologize for. This reminds me of the Red Hat == Microsoft nonsense that was spewed when Red Hat split into Fedora and the enterprise product. In the end that proved to be untrue, remember?

Right now the blame belongs squarely on Microsoft and the U.S. government for backing them. Here is a company which has proven it's dedication to FOSS over and over again, a company who employs more FOSS developers than any other, a company which has bought numerous proprietary software packages and opened them... Heaven forbid they should actually do what is clearly necessary to survive in the business environment that exists today. Nope, they should fall on the sword and go out of business, taking all those FOSS developers down with them if necessary.

I'm an apologist? It seems to me those who are attacking Red Hat are the ones who should be apologizing. Fewt got it right. He usually does.
flufferbeer

Jun 08, 2012
5:06 PM EDT
caitlyn the apologist comes to the rescue of Red Hat first as well as of F3wt, neither of which I think will necessarily "get it right" as far enabling M$'s greasy paws to sneakily get into and then boldly overtake Linux on the Enterprise server!

Still waiting for f3wt to jump in with another name-calling or the rarely-busy caitlyn with another put-down.....

-fb
caitlyn

Jun 11, 2012
3:50 PM EDT
I don't think Microsoft will ever overtake Linux in the enterprise server room and UEFI Secure Boot will certainly not enable them to do it. The impact, if any, will be in consumer space where Linux has little pull with OEMs and a relatively small market share. But heck, flufferbeer, who needs facts when you can resort to name calling and ad hominem attacks?
tracyanne

Jun 11, 2012
9:23 PM EDT
Like caitlyn said

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!