is it really that bad?

Story: I Hate ProgrammersTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
mbaehrlxer

Jun 15, 2012
8:18 AM EDT
i admit i have been guilty of defending an ignorant choice, for example i remember my early days where i was asked about my choice of a mailing list manager written in C as opposed to one written in python. at that time i honestly believed that something as important as a mailing list manager could not ever possibly be done well in something like this newfangled language python that didn't toss out compiled executables. how did i know? i had done a C introductory course years earlier and never written a line of C code since, nor had i ever used python for that matter. today i regret doing that. had i chosen python i might have started hacking the code and even contributing to it.

i wish someone had proven me wrong at that time, but we didn't even have an argument. it was just a question, i made my choice, as i was the admin, and that was that.

so yes, when people make those comments, they quite likely honestly believe in them. but some of them may still be open minded and willing to listen to reason once they get a good talking to.

greetings, eMBee.
tracyanne

Jun 15, 2012
6:08 PM EDT
Bad hair day
jezuch

Jun 16, 2012
3:41 AM EDT
Just saw the other day: http://modeling-languages.com/how-users-and-programmers-see-...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!