I don't think so..

Story: It Could Be The End of RIM as We Know It (and I feel fine)Total Replies: 6
Author Content
kennethh

Jun 26, 2012
6:39 PM EDT
RIM is going to bleed both money & employees but because they are business oriented they will survive, whether or not consumer phones will continue to be available at affordable prices is another story. I do hope so because Blackberry 10 is more welcoming for me a webOS users, but then boot 2 Gecko appeals to me as well..

Only issue is is that blackberry 10 will only be exclusive to rim devices.. That is in my opinion where the future of mobile/phone computing is headed, and from the looks of uefi it's also a desktop issue as well. When people actually have a chance to try out an os on their own phone model will the real competitiveness begin and this will also mean hardware vendors wanting to work with said os rather then the current model of which android kinda is helping to bring about... kinda.
helios

Jun 27, 2012
2:47 AM EDT
You know...as a Blackberry user of many years, I have to say that I loved mine. Of course, at the time I did not need web page access on my device as much as I needed a great functioning phone and access to my email/gmail. I entered the Android market quietly, with an HTC Hero and it is an adequate device sans battery life.

I've always felt that if Blackberry could do web pages as well as Android, it had a fighting chance in this market and maybe the 10 will bring that to the table. Apparently it does. Unfortunately, success in this market seems to be measured by days instead of months. LIke MS and their mobile device, even if it is superior in many ways, they entered the market way too late to be competitive.

Of course, I am also a huge fan of WebOS. My youngest daughter had it on her Palm Pre and I was impressed witih its function and speed.

....but we all know the story there. Just another roadside cross along the technology highway.
gus3

Jun 27, 2012
7:55 AM EDT
(Note to non-US readers: the roadside cross is a recently-revived tradition of marking where traffic fatalities have occurred, mostly as a warning to other drivers, riders, and pedestrians. At least we no longer bury them on the spot, like they did in antiquity.)
jacog

Jun 27, 2012
8:09 AM EDT
@gus They do it here too (South Africa)

I'm always amazed when I seem them on perfectly straight roads with perfect visibility. :/
gus3

Jun 27, 2012
8:36 AM EDT
@jacog, easy conditions lead to carelessness. True in so many other areas of life, as well.
lcafiero

Jun 30, 2012
11:24 AM EDT
gus3 wrote:At least we no longer bury them on the spot, like they did in antiquity.

We don't? Well, I'd better get a shovel then and dig up . . . er, never mind :-)
Fettoosh

Jun 30, 2012
12:51 PM EDT
Quoting:I'm always amazed when I seem them on perfectly straight roads with perfect visibility.

And that is when people push the pedal to the metal. Speed kills.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!