Great 7 Encouraging

Story: Free Software Foundation recommendations for free operating system distributions considering Secure Boot Total Replies: 2
Author Content
kennethh

Jul 01, 2012
5:14 PM EDT
It's about time? Never too late I suppose. Not sure the FSF has much push to make a real difference but at least they are being vocal and helping to set the record straight.
flufferbeer

Jul 02, 2012
1:40 AM EDT
> at least they are being vocal and helping to set the record straight.

@kennethh, I agree. The FSF is trying to get some good info out there to clarify a whole bunch of confusion about Secure Boot.

My big gripe is with title here. Yes, it's obvious after-the-fact from reading the article that it's clearer to write as a title 'Free Software Foundation: recommendations for free operating system distributions considering Secure Boot'. OTOH, I first mistakenly read the title as something like 'Free Software Foundation.... considering Secure Boot', which came as a brief surprise until I actually saw the article!

2c
Fettoosh

Jul 02, 2012
10:02 AM EDT
@flufferbeer,

You are right, the title and more so the article itself are a bit wordy, but very accurate and informative.

I personally liked the article released by The Linux Foundation. It is very elaborate and clear with very nice up front summary.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!