Good rundown

Story: 5 things about FOSS Linux virtualization you may not knowTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
caitlyn

Jul 18, 2012
8:49 PM EDT
This is an excellent rundown of Linux/FOSS virtualization. I remember when Elizabeth was writing for O'Reilly. It's good to run into her writing again. She always does a good job with the topics she covers.
tuxchick

Jul 18, 2012
11:31 PM EDT
It was funny when National Lampoon ran the "buy this magazine or the dog gets it" cover. This doesn't quite rise to that level.
caitlyn

Jul 19, 2012
1:54 AM EDT
Oh good grief! Let me put it this way: I bookmarked this article. If I need to explain why FOSS solutions can do everything that brand M or brand O or brand C can do and then some, everything I need is in one place. The article clearly lays out the goodness that FOSS virtualization solutions bring to the table. Is that better, tc?

FWIW, a while back darkduck accused me of only finding negative things to say about articles. I'm trying to be better about that :) Oh, and I haven't seen any ducky articles on here lately. Maybe he's given up on posting to LXer.com since we're all such a bunch of old meanies :)
tuxchick

Jul 19, 2012
2:03 PM EDT
Oops, I posted to the wrong thread. This belongs on the Lunduke thingy.
caitlyn

Jul 19, 2012
2:08 PM EDT
Fair enough, tc. You can disregard part of my first paragraph of my response.
Steven_Rosenber

Jul 20, 2012
3:15 PM EDT
I really need to get trained up on the nuts/bolts of virtualization ... by actually doing it.
skelband

Jul 20, 2012
4:41 PM EDT
> Oops, I posted to the wrong thread. This belongs on the Lunduke thingy.

Hah, that's got to be one of the funniest exchanges I've seen this week :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!