You Can't Fix Stupid.....

Story: LendInks, Mob Mentality and the DMCATotal Replies: 1
Author Content
helios

Aug 13, 2012
6:48 AM EDT
The people who were stupid enough NOT to know they had given their publishers permission to loan their books really should be put on life support. I don't see how they are smart enough to even breath on their own. Sure it might have been a shock to see your work up there at first and I do suppose a knee-jerk reaction might be anger. As a writer paid from time to time for my work, I can see that.

But I know my contracts.....I know who ends up owning the code or the words I write before I write it. I also am smart enough to copyright it with the proper device.

The owner of this site is much more forgiving than I am. I would show up at THEIR house, with the proper permits and a sign stating that the person at such and such an address had ruined my life. Maybe for just a day, but I would get my point across. There is a time where we all have to learn that we are not anonymous or bullet-proof on the internet.
tracyanne

Aug 13, 2012
5:40 PM EDT
He can also grant their wishes, and not make their books available on his site.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!