forget Blizzard if you want to play games in Linux

Story: Blizzard Still Auto-Banning Linux Users In Diablo 3Total Replies: 1
Author Content
henke54

Oct 27, 2012
5:14 AM EDT
Quoting:Additional Linux users have also come forward on the Play On Linux Website to begrudge their bans and share Blizzard's neglectful customer support responses. One user comments...

I'm running Kubuntu 12.10, 64 bit. However, I'm running Diablo in a 32 bit wine bottle. This issue is very real. I've only had time to kill Diablo with one character, and only on normal mode. My biggest character is/was level 36.

Cheating? Really? I've got no gold, no good gear, and a bunch of low level characters. Just exactly what did I do when I supposedly cheated?

If I hadn't paid only $10 for the game at Toys R Us I'd be pissed!

My advice is to forget Blizzard if you want to play games in Linux. Don't give them any more of your money. They won't give it back when they ban you for no reason. This is total BS...

That's some sound advice.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Blizzard-Offers-Help-Zynga-...
jacog

Oct 29, 2012
5:14 AM EDT
Agreed that the whole auto-banning thing is a bit stupid, but then Diablo 3's entire being is a bit stupid. They force you to always be online, even if you are playing single player, which they admitted is how most players prefer to play. The whole thing is a grand exercise in handing consumers shackles and telling them it's for their own good.

That aside though, it's a Windows game, designed for Windows. I typically only bother with WINE for older games, like the stuff I buy off GOG.com, or with games where the developer actually put a bit of love into running the game well under WINE. Limbo comes to mind.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!