Morons!

Story: Fedora 18 Beta Has Been... Delayed, Once AgainTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cjcox

Nov 02, 2012
1:31 PM EDT
Sorry.. the openSUSE in me wanted to get a little revenge for how they were treated when they were late...
cmost

Nov 02, 2012
1:38 PM EDT
I'm a BIG fan of "release when ready". Delays don't bother me one bit.
jdixon

Nov 02, 2012
3:25 PM EDT
> I'm a BIG fan of "release when ready".

Well, as a Slackware user, I think it's obvious what my position on the fixed date/when ready debate is. :)
caitlyn

Nov 02, 2012
3:35 PM EDT
Quoting:I'm a BIG fan of "release when ready". Delays don't bother me one bit.
A big +1. I want it released when it really and truly is ready.
Quoting:Sorry.. the openSUSE in me wanted to get a little revenge...
12.2 is a nice release. I like it. Having said that, I'm not religious about distros and I want Linux to succeed in all its forms.
BernardSwiss

Nov 02, 2012
7:03 PM EDT
Not a problem. Quite the contrary.

Get it right, or put out a release anyways, even though you know it's broken.

It's not like they have to catch the X-mass shopping window, or lose business -- so screw the customers and make a big show of "putting things right" in the new year.

I'm not a Fedora fan -- but they're doing the right thing, here. (If Canonical would do this, I'd consider recommending Ubuntu to newbies, again).
caitlyn

Nov 03, 2012
8:53 PM EDT
Quoting: (If Canonical would do this, I'd consider recommending Ubuntu to newbies, again).
If Canonical would do this there would be a lot fewer bugs in their releases and then maybe I could recommend it as well. I have other concerns about Ubuntu but their long string of extra buggy releases is problem #1.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!