Great news Helios

Story: Life After the "R" WordTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Ridcully

Nov 16, 2012
2:05 AM EDT
Thankyou for the wonderful news Ken. Your strength and fortitude are examples to us all; and Diane also deserves a huge vote of thanks for her support and care of you in the crisis. I look forward to many, many more years of "blathering and All righty then's" from Helios. Oh heck.......I can't say what I'd really like to say my very good internet friend as I'd get a bit too emotional, and we "hard nosed males" are supposed to have the "stiff British upper lip", but please consider it said anyhow. Warmest wishes. Dr Tony Young
djohnston

Nov 16, 2012
2:16 AM EDT
Ken,

I don't often comment. But, this is the best news I've heard in some time. Personally, I won't go through radiation again, having suffered through 6 months of it. But, I am glad it has worked for you. Here's hoping you have continued success and you regain your strength.

dinotrac

Nov 16, 2012
2:59 AM EDT
Fine.

Not heroic. Got that.

Here's the thing: We don't care.

Whether you did it or they did it, you're around to argue the point.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 16, 2012
9:42 AM EDT
The sun shines a bit brighter today, I see.
alc

Nov 16, 2012
10:09 AM EDT
Great news Ken.
caitlyn

Nov 16, 2012
2:51 PM EDT
First, yes, remission is great news. They never use the word "cure" when it comes to cancer, only remission. As you start counting your years in remission you begin to realize that, by any meaningful measure, you've beaten the thing.

Your strength will come back... slowly, but it will come back. You'll gain the weight back, perhaps more than you want. If you're smart and live a healthy life you may very well get back to normal. It takes time and patience but with any luck you will get there.

I'm sorry I didn't help financially. This all happened to you after I lost my two largest customers and was, effectively, severly unemployed. I wish I had been in a position to do something then the way I am now. Oh well... All I could do was send good thoughts, which I will continue to do until you're back to your old, ornery self, minus the cigarettes and the bad diet, of course :)

Wishing you a full recovery and a long life ahead...
jdixon

Nov 17, 2012
8:51 PM EDT
This is probably the best news I've heard in the past several weeks.
tracyanne

Nov 17, 2012
10:24 PM EDT
Ken did you get the PM I sent you a week or so ago? If your phone number hasn't changed I can give you a call, now that we have internet again. PM me and let me know.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!