Kicking Chrome to the Crub

Story: Google updates all Chrome editionsTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
Jeff91

Nov 29, 2012
9:29 PM EDT
Chrome has been giving me more and more issues - the latest of which is failing to render images on Wikipedia for me -> http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-50b802580cb5f5.86152950.jp...

Thankfully, it has sent me back to Midori - which I hadn't used since its latest release. That little browser has come a long way and feels like it may finally be able to replace Chrome/Firefox for me.

~Jeff
Fettoosh

Nov 29, 2012
11:17 PM EDT
I have no problem displaying the same page using Chrome Version 23.0.1271.91

Jeff91

Nov 30, 2012
1:10 AM EDT
/me shrugs

Chrome has been giving me all sorts of issues lately - even refused to render the editor on blogger for me the other day. Firefox and Midori on the same system have been perfectly fine.

~Jeff
TxtEdMacs

Nov 30, 2012
9:45 AM EDT
Hey Jeff,

Have you been writing nasty things about Google in your private correspondence*? I would guess so, hence, you are being rightly punished.

YBT

* Assuming, of course, you are smart enough not to be using gmail.
caitlyn

Nov 30, 2012
4:55 PM EDT
I was never sold on the idea of running a browser that reportedly phones home.
BernardSwiss

Nov 30, 2012
5:08 PM EDT
Well, there is Chromium...

caitlyn

Nov 30, 2012
5:14 PM EDT
What makes Chromium better than Midori or Firefox or...
Steven_Rosenber

Nov 30, 2012
7:48 PM EDT
Chromium is the open-source project on which Chrome is built. It's pretty much the same, as far as I can tell.
BernardSwiss

Dec 01, 2012
2:40 AM EDT
I'm under the impression that Chromium does a lot less data harvesting and reporting.

I definitely don't/won't use Chrome. And with Firefox/Iceweasel, Opera, and a couple of text browsers, (and sometimes Midori, if that's installed by default) already at hand, I haven't felt any need to bother with Chromium. so I haven't looked that closely into the matter.
TxtEdMacs

Dec 01, 2012
8:33 AM EDT
Quoting:What makes Chromium better than Midori or Firefox or...

Chromium is an element in the Period Table.

Chrome is a thin veneer added to mediocre industrial designs to add Flash and Pizazz, where none exists. The inherent superficiality is soon recognized and its reputation for quality is short lived.

Your welcome,

YBT

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!